After Apple’s announcement, iOS 5.1 is available for current iOS devices. Included in this update Japanese language support for Siri, camera enhancements, and the ability to delete photos from users’ Photo Streams is included.
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes and issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
iOS 5.1 continues to address the battery life issues. The update also seems to address audio issues that had been plaguing a number of users.
Lastly, the update seems to include a 4G icon on the iPhone 4S and iPad 2, replacing the 3G icon even though it is only HSDPA+ and not LTE.
Here are some screenshots from an iPhone 4S: